Every vehicle, regardless of size, has wear and tear components that must be repaired. And an RV is no exception—at least in engine and transmission parts. But you can minimize or avoid further damage by maintaining your RV properly.
RDI Power in Brooksville, FL has the equipment for RV and truck repairs. Contact us at (352) 433-3800. We are conveniently located at 1665 Donto Way, Brooksville, FL 34601.
Wear and Tear Components
The components that break down the most are wear and tear items. They include:
Moreover, suspension and steering parts may need replacing sooner rather than later because of the vehicle’s weight. RDI Power in Brooksville, FL has the equipment for RV maintenance and repair to keep your RV in good condition.
Common RV Problems in Brooksville, FL
Like passenger vehicles, RV problems depend on the make and model. Because the engine is designed for heavy-duty work, the suspension, tires, wheels, and other components that support the vehicle are built stronger.
However, common problems still happen, like:
- Brakes and brake systems repair: This is more evident if you do a lot of mountain driving.
- Cooling system repairs: This is especially the case if you often use your RV and tow a heavy vehicle or trailer.
- Overworking alternator: The alternator must constantly charge at least one battery in the engine compartment. It also charges the house batteries on several models. While an RV alternator is usually bigger to handle the larger load, it is still a lot to ask to charge the engine battery and one or more house batteries. This is especially the case when the temperature swings too low or too high (as it often does in Brooksville, FL).
- Fluid leaks: Older RVs in Brooksville, FL could develop fluid leaks. Examples include oil, transmission fluid, rear-end fluid, brake fluid, coolant, and power steering fluid leaks.
- Other issues: The RV could have other problems in addition to mechanical ones. Examples include leaks in the plumbing, hot water heater failure, house air conditioning failure, and appliance failure.
How to Prevent RV Breakdowns
You can prevent RV breakdowns by keeping up with the maintenance. RDI Power in Brooksville, FL is equipped to do all RV maintenance and repair (including oil changes, tuneups, brakes, belts, hoses, etc.).
Before heading out for the first trip in the spring, let us can check your RV for issues caused by sitting. And before you put the RV up for the winter (if you do), we can check for issues that happened while you were on the road. We can also winterize your RV.
Contact RDI Power for RV Repair in Brooksville, FL
When you need RV service and maintenance, contact RDI Power in Brooksville, FL by calling (352) 433-3800 or filling out this request service form. We are conveniently located at 1665 Donto Way, Brooksville, FL 34601.