When it comes to your diesel truck or vehicle, an ounce of maintenance is worth pounds of cure! In other words, it’s much more efficient and cost-effective to have regularly scheduled maintenance than it is to have unplanned repairs. But if you intend on holiday traveling, it becomes even more critical to have pre-trip maintenance.
Fortunately, the team at RDI Power can help. As your local diesel specialists near Brooksville, FL, we offer a full range of pre-trip maintenance solutions. Our expert diesel mechanic will carefully inspect your vehicle during our pre-trip maintenance service and perform multiple services to reduce the likelihood of a breakdown during holiday traveling. When you schedule pre-trip maintenance in Brooksville, FL, at RDI Power, here are three items that we carefully inspect.
Tire Inspection Must Be on Your Pre Trip Maintenance Checklist
As the only part of your vehicle that contacts the road, your tires are essential. However, most people overlook their tires until there is a problem. Fortunately, there are several quick and straightforward ways to check your tires as a part of your pre-trip maintenance inspection checklist.
- How deep are your treads? The U.S. DOT suggests replacing your tires when they reach 2/32 of an inch. And the State of Florida requires all tires to have a minimum tread depth of 1/16th of an inch.
- Do you see uneven wear? If your tires are worn unevenly, it could indicate suspension problems, among other things.
- Do you see bald spots? Bald spots are a tell-tale sign that your tires need to be replaced.
- Check the air pressure. Check the inside of the driver’s door or your owner’s manual for suggested PSI.
Fluid Check Should Be on Your Pre Trip Maintenance Checklist
Before you hit the road, all of your fluids must be adequately serviced and checked. Some of the most common fluids include:
At RDI Power, we can check all of your fluids and top them off as needed as a component of pre-trip maintenance. If we notice dirty or old fluid, we offer a range of fluid exchange services designed to protect your vehicle and wallet.
Battery Test Should Be on Your Pre Trip Maintenance Checklist
Battery issues and failure are one of the top causes of roadside breakdowns, according to the Consumer Report. However, detecting and preventing battery failure is relatively easy. At RDI Power, our diesel mechanic leverages state-of-the-art technology to test the vitality and functionality of your battery rigorously.
Our comprehensive battery test will offer you greater confidence and peace of mind that you will not become the latest roadside statistic. But if you’re a DIYer, here are a few pre-trip maintenance visual signs and indicators of a bad battery:
- If your battery is more than a few years old, it may be on its last leg.
- If you see excessive corrosion on the battery terminals, it may need replacement.
- If your headlights are dim when idling, your battery may be on its way out.
- If your battery casing has started to bulge or swell up, it likely needs to be replaced.
- If you smell a strange scent from under your hood, it could be your battery.
Get Comprehensive Pre Trip Maintenance at RDI Power
Very simply, peace of mind is priceless. And before you set out on your journey for holiday traveling, it makes dollars and sense to schedule pre-trip maintenance in Brooksville, FL, at RDI Power. During our pre-trip maintenance service, our experienced mechanic will inspect your entire vehicle visually, on the lift, and through computerized diagnostics. Then, we will perform the necessary maintenance to help ensure safe and happy travel.
Contact RDI Power in Brooksville, FL today for pre-trip maintenance.