Truck Transmission Repair
We get it — learning that you need transmission repair or replacement can be alarming. RepairPal estimates a new transmission can cost you over $10,000. Fortunately, the transmission builders at RDI Power in Spring Hill, FL, offer a faster and more cost-efficient solution — a transmission rebuild. Our seasoned transmission specialists have rebuilt, replaced, and repaired transmissions in all types of diesel vehicles, including:
- RAM Trucks with Cummins Diesels (or gasoline engines)
- 47RE transmission
- 48re transmission
- 68rfe transmission
- Aisin transmission
- Ford F-D Series Trucks with Powerstroke Diesels (or gasoline engines)
- E4OD transmission
- 4r100 transmission
- 5r110 transmission
- 6r140 transmission
- Chevrolet & GM Trucks with Duramax Diesels (or gasoline engines)
- Allison transmission
- And more
Don’t hesitate to contact the transmission builders at RDI Power in Spring Hill FL for diesel repair, fleet repair, and RV repair. Continue reading to learn more about transmission rebuild and repair.
4 year / 100k mile
Discounts for heroes
What Is a Transmission Rebuild?
As a more cost-effective solution compared to transmission replacement, rebuilding a transmission is a highly complex process. It involves dissembling the transmission, cleaning and inspecting all the parts to check for the cause of failure, replacing worn-out parts with quality, cleaning the unit, and putting it back together exceeding OEM specifications. The transmission rebuild process include replacing the clutch packs, bearings, seals, gaskets, and other transmission parts. In many cases we install upgraded, more durable parts that will make the transmission last longer and perform better than when new.
However, in most instances, you can reduce the likelihood of transmission replacement or transmission rebuild by having regularly scheduled maintenance. You should also schedule an inspection if you see or experience any of the following transmission problems:
- Leaking fluid,
- Refusing to shift gears,
- Making weird noises,
- Check Engine Light is on,
- It’s not shifting properly,
- Overheating transmission
If you are experiencing any of these problems, have your transmission checked by a qualified mechanic. Failure to do so promptly can cause a potentially minor problem to snowball into a more expensive issue. In either case, the transmission specialists at RDI Power can help.
Should I Repair My Transmission or Rebuild It?
Determining whether to rebuild your transmission or repair it is a big decision. However, before you get started, the transmission builders at RDI Power in Spring Hill FL will help you think through all factors, including:
- The age and condition of your vehicle: If the vehicle is older and has high mileage, it may be more cost-effective to rebuild or replace the transmission.
- The severity of the damage: Transmissions with minor problems should be repaired. However, if it has serious damage, it’s usually more effective to rebuild it.
- Your budget. Rebuilding a transmission is typically more expensive than repairing it. However, if it requires several individual repairs, they can quickly add up to exceed the cost of transmission rebuilding.
The RDI Power Transmission Rebuilding Process
At RDI Power in Spring Hill Fl, our experienced team of transmission builders has repaired and rebuilt virtually every transmission. While the process can vary from vehicle to vehicle, the transmission rebuilding process typically involves the following steps:
- Removing the transmission from your vehicle.
- Dissembling and inspecting all transmission parts.
- Repairing, machining, or replacing worn parts.
- Cleaning the transmission.
- Reassembling the transmission.
- Reinstalling the newly rebuilt transmission back in your vehicle.
Contact the Transmission Builders at RDI Power in Spring Hill FL
As the leading transmission specialists, RDI Power has specialized knowledge, tools, and equipment that empower us to provide the most cost-effective solution. After inspecting your vehicle, our transmission specialists will walk you through all of your options, including the time frame and budget. This way, you can make the best and most informed decision. No matter the service, we stand behind our work with a best-in-class warranty. All eligible repairs and services at RDI Power come with a 4-Year/100,000-Mile Warranty.
Contact RDI Power today by calling 350-433-3800 or visiting us at 1665 Donto Way in Brooksville Fl.
I was recommended to redline diesel ingenuity to diagnose a engine light that kept popping up. Ryan, the owner, took the time to explain what is going on with my truck, without charging me for it. They won’t sell you something just to get your money. They are professionals at what they do, and to me, that is priceless. For that reason, Redline is now my go-to diesel shop. Don’t waste anymore time with the other guys. Give Redline a try. You won’t regret it!