Duramax Diesel Service in Brooksville, FL
The Duramax diesel engine comes in several forms, from a 2.5-liter inline four-cylinder engine to the 6.6-liter V8 LB7. All of them need regular service to keep them in good running condition, especially fleet vehicles that are driven hundreds of miles every week. Our diesel techs at RDI Power have the experience needed on all of the Duramax engines for service and repair.
Duramax Diesel Variations
Over the years, several Duramax engines were manufactured, including:
- 6.6-liter V8 LB7
- 6.6-liter V8 LLY
- 6.6-liter V8 LBZ
- 6.6-liter V8 LGH
- 6.6-liter V8 LML
Duramax 6.6-Liter Maintenance Schedule
The maintenance schedule for the 6.6-liter Duramax engines manufactured from 2001 through 2016:
- Oil and filter change at 10,000 miles or when you see the “Change engine oil” message.
- Oil and filter change at 7,600 miles for 2017 and newer models.
- Replace the fuel filter at 15,000 miles on 2001 through 2010 models and at 22,500 miles or when you see the “Change fuel filter” message for 2011 through 2016 models.
- Replace the fuel filter at 22,500 miles or when the dash light comes on for 2017 and newer models.
- Replace the engine air filter at 45,000 miles, but check it at every oil change. It might need changing sooner. For newer models, change the air filter at 45,000 miles or 4 years.
- Flush the cooling system every 150,000 miles or every 5 years.
- Replace the automatic transmission fluid and the filter at 50,000 miles for 2001 through 2011 models for regular duty and at 25,000 miles for severe duty conditions.
- Replace the automatic transmission fluid and filter at 45,000 miles for 2012 through 2016 models under severe duty conditions.
- Replace the automatic transmission fluid at 97,500 miles for 2017 and newer models.
- While GM states that you do not need to change the manual transmission fluid on the six-speed manual, we recommend changing it every 60,000 miles to maintain shift quality and to increase the life of the transmission.
- Replace the transfer case fluid every 50,000 miles for 2001 through 2011 models.
- Replace the transfer case fluid every 97,500 miles for regular conditions and every 22,500 miles for severe duty conditions for 2012 through 2016 models.
- Replace the transfer case fluid every 45,000 miles for 2017 and newer models.
GM does not provide a service interval for the front and rear differential fluids, but our auto repair shop recommends changing it at the same mileage for the transfer case fluid change to promote differential longevity.
Additional Service Requirements
In addition to the fluids and filters, you should also:
Contact RDI Power for Duramax Diesel Service
When your vehicle is ready for Duramax diesel service and repair, contact RDI Power at (352) 433-3800 for a service appointment with our Spring Hill Fl. diesel mechanic.